Yay! Its Friday!

Theres something about waking up on a sunny Friday at the start of a three day weekend isn't there?  Ok it doesn't completely detract away from if you've had a completely crap week, but if your week has been just, well, normal then its a nice little boost.  If your week has been good then its a HUGE boost.

So last Friday (27th April) Keegan and I went to the snowcentre for the first big park Friday of the year


The photo is from the lesson slope with the smaller features on where we went to warm up.  Yes that's entirely doable in a -6 fridge as long as you're flexible on the "warm" and "up".  After a while I decided to hit the main slope but on the smaller features side of it.  Up until then I'd never been on the main slope on a freestyle night as I always considered it to be where the big boys (and girls) played.  But, trying to follow my own advice I decided to step a little out of my comfort zone and headed up there.


Not being completely mad I went down the left side of the slope which had some smaller features that started with what is called a "butter box".  Yes, looked harmless enough, one slightly higher platform and then another slightly lower platform right after it.  Got over that easily enough, turned to face up the slope to slow myself down because I didn't want to hit the next thing too quickly...  dropped my heel edge, landed flat on my back, slid down the slope head first, board went up and over my head, landed on my toe side heel edge dropped again, flat on my back again, back on my toes (again) went over the kicker, didn't land it, flat on my back again.  But I just put it down to that being my first time on the main slope.  Got back to the top and my back wasn't too happy with me so checking with Keegan if he fancied something to eat which fortunately he did we decided to have one last go down the main slope.  I avoided the butter box this time around and went to the kicker. Hit it slightly faster than I did the previous time, was nowhere near landing it and flat on my back again.  Yep, I don't think I'm ready to play on the main slope on a freestyle night right now

The new trousers
In slightly different news I had a couple of attempts at buying new trousers for myself.  While Dave has been shrinking, the clothes are becoming quite "roomy" so I'd finally had enough of hiking my trousers up at work whenever I'd walk anywhere.  People probably think its me just walking with one hand in my pocket, but I'm actually stopping them from slowly falling down so enough really is enough.  They have some nice looking work trousers in Asda so I went there on Wednesday with Keegan and I picked up a pair of 34" waist.  Into the changing rooms, yes they're comfortable but, hmmm, I wonder...  Went back out (after changing back into my normal trousers), picked up a pair of 32" trousers...  Back to the changing room, yes, they're a little snug around my waist but they weren't cheesewire.  I sat down on the bench in the room, yep, still no cheesewire effect.  A little tight around my upper legs though.  Then I stood up and saw it.  Wow, these things really, in comparison to the trousers I've been wearing the last few years, said "Hey world, this is Dave's butt!" So feeling a little self conscious about it I put them back and got out of there.

Last night though I went back to Asda.  Picked up a pair of 32" and 34" trousers and took some photos of me wearing them, even from the side.  Posted those pictures on facebook and the general consensus was that the 32" waist looked fine.  Although didn't really work with the shirt that looked like I'd borrowed it from someone else.  So, back out, picked up a shirt, a white one. Back into the changing rooms



i was actually quite pleased with how it all looked, plus not having to wear a belt with them.  Although I suspect if I were to wear a belt it would be more of an accessory and not needed to perform its actual purpose.

Unfortunately I seemed to have found the only pair of black, 32" long trousers in Asda so I will be looking for 1 or 2 more.  Picked up a few more shirts and high tailed it out of there.

I'm looking forwards to the weekend. Aside from it being 3 days I have my first BBQ of the year to go to!  So I found a recipe for garlic butter and actually made it.  To be honest it wasn't that difficult, it was more annoying peeling all those damn garlic cloves (15 in total).  My vegetable chopper definitely did its job very well and absolutely obliterated the garlic into teeny tiny pieces.  Of course I see a recipe and I have to tweak it.


No thats not parsley in there adding a bit of colour, that'll be the 12 scotch bonnet, 6 birds eye chillies and for good measure some chipotle chilli flakes.  Thing is I'm not sure theres enough garlic in there.  The bulb was quite a large one, but the recipe called for 400g of butter and I used 500g so I'm wondering if I should blitz up another half bulb of garlic tonight and add it into the butter. 

Right, I've decided!  I'll crack open the container tonight and unless I get hit with a major waft of garlic I'm going to be doing that :-)

Have a nice bank holiday weekend everyone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's your biggest competition?

A catch up on events

Onwards and sidewards (and a little bit backwards)

A random mismash of stuff

Wooop wop de (sugar free) gummi bear style